The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Eggsaronius


That's how Sarah spelled it. (She carefully labelled all the leftovers when she was cleaning up after supper. She's that kind of girl.) I spell it "Eggs Erroneous" and it is delicious on fish. I also enjoy it on my mashed potatoes. It used to be plain old egg gravy until we watched Ernest Goes to Camp. I think Eggs Erroneous tastes much better than plain old egg gravy. This recipe makes just over one cup of gravy, but you can easily double it if you need more.

2 tbsp. butter or margarine
2 tbsp. flour
1 cup milk
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter over medium heat in small saucepan. Mix in flour, then slowly add milk while stirring with whisk. Stir and heat until boiling and thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs and season to taste. Serve immediately.

(This isn't Mom's recipe - I just used my basic white sauce recipe and added the egg. Add as much egg as you like. For supper tonight I doubled everything, except that I used three eggs because we get our eggs from a friend whose chickens lay extra-huge eggs.)


~ Charmin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had originally thought this called for yellow modeling clay? ;]

11:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This recipe stinks out the whole kitchen😳

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lmao, such a good movie

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home