The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Taco Salad


We first enjoyed this at a friend's house last summer, and I make my version from what I remember was in that one. It goes very well with the Baked Macaroni & Cheese.

1 lb. ground beef
1 head lettuce, leaf or iceberg
2 or 3 tomatoes, chopped
grated cheddar, as much as you like
green onions, chopped, as much as you like
1 250-ml bottle Catalina Dressing
Tostitos, about 1/2 bag

Brown the ground beef until cooked through. Drain and set aside.

Wash and chop the lettuce into bite size pieces. If you are making the salad ahead, it's nice to layer the ingredients in a big bowl: lettuce, tomatoes, ground beef, cheese, and green onions. Just before serving, add the Catalina, give it a good toss and garnish with Tostitos. Next time I think I will add a little ground cumin to the ground beef when I brown it to add more of a South of the Border flavour.

~ Charmin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home