The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Iced Tea


I doubt if any of us make this the same way. I doubt if Shannon makes it at all. Here is my variation; it's the way we like it best. We drink an embarrassing amount of iced tea in the summer.

Bring 6 cups water to boil in large pot. Add 7 tea bags and let steep 15 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in 3/4 cup white sugar and 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate until sugar and concentrate are dissolved. Add 8 cups water. Chill.

This fits perfectly in the 4 litre Tupperware pitcher (if you don't have one, you should get one) or a 3.78 litre jug from President's Choice. The Tupperware pitcher is much easier to pour!

~ Charmin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this recipe!!! I make it regularly since I saw it and everyone who has some enjoys it with the exception of Ethan - he doesn't like the pulp from the lemonade. As my mother is want to say, "Oh well. More for us!"

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home