The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Picnic Potato Salad


Everyone who eats Mom's potato salad raves about it. What I don't understand is why they keep on making their own recipe. This is the best potato salad in the world. (Don't worry, if you serve me your own potato salad sometime I will be very gracious and say how tasty it is, but you need to know that inside I will be wondering why you don't just ask Mom for her recipe.)

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
3 tbsp. dill pickle juice
1 tbsp. prepared mustard
2 tsp. salt
pinch pepper
8 cups peeled and cubed cooked potatoes
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
4 hard cooked eggs, chopped (Mom uses four, I only use two)

In small bowl, combine mayo, pickle juice, mustard, salt and pepper. In large bowl, combine vegetables, pickles and eggs. Pour dressing over and toss gently until well mixed. Season to taste. Chill at least three hours. Makes 10 to 12 servings.

~ Charmin

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I was talking to my friend Kristen in Calgary last night, and she let me know that she made this potato salad and her and her hubby loved it! She bought more potatos so she could make it again this week :)

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home