The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Garlic Cheese Bread

Mr. Man. I'm here to tell you. This is really, really good. I had a craving and very little to work with, so here's what I did:

Make garlic butter. Add 1 clove of garlic, minced, to 1/2 cup softened butter and mix it well. (If you don't have any fresh garlic, you could use 1/4 tsp. garlic powder instead but it wouldn't be as good. Go buy some fresh garlic and a good garlic press. Pampered Chef sells an amazing one, and yes, I think it's worth the hefty price tag. We eat a lot of garlic.)

Use thick-sliced bread or a few slabs of your own homemade bread and butter the slices with the garlic butter. Save any extra butter for tomorrow night. If you can wait that long.

Grate some mozzarella cheese and load it on top of the garlic butter, as much as you have on hand like.

Broil (on the top rack at 500°) for a few minutes, just until the cheese melts.

Mr. Man. I'm here to tell you.

(I have a picture but I'm too tired to fight with my camera tonight.)

~ Charmin, as if you hadn't already guessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home