The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Banana Wafer Pudding


Such a boring name for a very tasty dessert. Quick and easy, too - I think it was half an hour from start to finish.

3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp. salt
3 egg yolks
2 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla
250 g box vanilla wafers
2 bananas, sliced
3 egg whites, room temperature
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup granulated sugar

In top of double boiler*, mix sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and coats a metal spoon.

Layer wafers with bananas and pudding in an 8-inch casserole.

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff. Spread over top. Bake in 400°F oven for about 4 or 5 minutes until golden brown. Serve cold. Makes 6 servings.

*I don't have a double boiler, so I used a stainless steel mixing bowl over a saucepan.

~ Seven

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hi. I am a friend of Erin's. I thought I should reveal myself, as over the past few months, I have really enjoyed your cooking page.

Thanks for all the great recipes, and beautiful pictures to go with them! :)

Sincerely,
Susan

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home