The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Icing a la Martha Stewart


I love chocolate cupcakes, but I'm not a huge fan of icing. I'm also not a huge fan of making icing or of marshmallows. So when I came across this Martha Stewart idea for quick and easy cupcake frosting, I was both thrilled and dubious. I'm pleased to say it is as quick and easy as the recipe said and pretty much the tastiest marshmallows I have ever eaten.

Take cupcakes out of the oven two minutes before the recommended baking time, and set a single (large) marshmallow on top of each. Finish baking, then quickly tap the marshmallows with your hand to flatten. Pretty, easy & yummy! Does it get any better than that?

Just in time for Valentine's Day! Bake up a batch of chocolate cupcakes and give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home