The Homeplace

Here you will find recipes that will remind you of years gone by. Families love to get together and these recipes are some samplings of our gatherings at 'The Homeplace'.

Name:
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mrs. Wilt's Stromboli


Yum, yum, YUM! This was so good. You can click over to The Sparrow's Nest and read Mrs. Wilt's recipe, then rummage through your cupboards and fridge and make up your own interesting filling combinations. I used leftover spaghetti sauce with meatballs, lotsa mozza, a few green peppers and mushrooms. It was so good!

I also used my friend Esther's bread recipe instead of the frozen dough:
Dissolve 2 tbsp. sugar in 2 cups hot water. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. yeast over top and let sit 10 minutes. Add 2 tsp. salt, then knead in 6 - 7 cups of flour. I used these amounts to make two strombolis (strombolii?), and I think I let the dough rise for about an hour before rolling it out, filling it and baking it.

What a delicious way to use up leftovers! Thank you for sharing, Mrs. Wilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home